Gah… the ugly strawberry stain! Dropped a piece of your favorite strawberry cake on a fabric chair, didn’t you? Did you get dirty while making your milkshake or fruit salad with strawberries? You have panicked because you know that fruit stains and more particularly strawberry stains turn out to be way complicated to remove… Don’t worry, as we are going to tell you below what to do to remove a stain from strawberry on a fabric armchair.
Strawberry stain on fabric armchair
- Removing a strawberry stain from a fabric armchair – What not to do
First, you should know that putting salt on the strawberry stain is not the right option to remove the stain on a fabric chair. Despite everything you may have heard, it is foolishness to use this scheme. In fact, if you take salt on a fabric chair to remove the strawberry stain, you could damage it. The salt will not remove the stain, however it may discolor the fibers. And above all, the salt will fix the strawberry stain. So, if you want to avoid an accident, it is better not to use this scheme.
- Removing a strawberry stain from a fabric armchair – What to do
Above all, it is better to do what is necessary quickly. To prevent the strawberry stain from spreading and settling, you will need to wet the strawberry stain as quickly as possible with carbonated mineral water. Using a piece of paper towel, wipe by blotting, being very careful. In this way, the stain will be less encrusted. But, of course, that won’t be enough because the stain will just fade away. You can, as a second step, use one of the methods below which will give you the possibility of completely removing the strawberry stain on a fabric armchair.
Removing a strawberry stain from a fabric armchair – Tips
- Prepare a mixture of half water and half alcohol and gently dab the stain. If the strawberry stain persists, clean it with pure alcohol. Rinse well and afterwards you can wash the fabric normally.
- Dab the strawberry stain with a cloth soaked in lemon juice. Then soap the stain as well as possible and rinse.
- White vinegar will be very effective in removing a strawberry stain from a fabric armchair. By adding a little water, you will apply directly to the strawberry stain and rinse thoroughly with water. This action can be repeated until the stain is completely eliminated.
- Hot milk will work for a strawberry stain if left to soak for about 2 hours. Then you will have to clean with soap.
- Another very effective product: toothpaste mixed with a little 70° alcohol. You have to put this paste on the strawberry stain by rubbing for a few minutes and rinsing afterwards. Be careful, you will have to choose white toothpaste.
- Last solution to remove a strawberry stain on a fabric armchair: hexomedine. This pharmaceutical product dedicated to cleaning wounds can be applied using a clean cloth on the strawberry stain. The rinsing must be done fairly quickly and abundantly.
Removing a strawberry stain from a fabric armchair – Product indicated
Have you tried the techniques further but the strawberry stain is still visible? A number of tasks, if not dealt with quickly enough, may resist. Use the stain remover without bleach, it gets rid of the toughest stains on all materials. It will therefore be perfect for removing a strawberry stain from a fabric armchair!